Tuesday, June 1, 2010

"MY NAME RINGS BELL LIKE BRAKE TIME".... BEBELINO


If you are following Jay So's "still I rule competition" than am sure the name "Bebelino" will certainly ring a bell, but in the case where you are not following that competition I will gist you a little about who Bebelino is.
Known in real life Andrews Nii Nartei, bebelino attended St Peters Senior high school inside the eastern region, a strong quite christian who does not play with his God and has strong religious background. Staying at Adabraka inside the capital you can trust that the young guy is tagged strong already, hence influencing his music career. During school days (St peters senior high school), he was known to be very quiet from form one to form three, but broke his virginity in school when he joined the group "UCON" which simply means "UNDER CONSTRUCTION", as to what the aim was behind such a name bebelino did not explain more.
Currently am in central University studying Banking and finance because I believe school is very important and it builds up your knowledge, he said in his quiet room granting the interview to the pics magazine. the Hip Hop up and about artiste said,"My dream is to do music", I want to become that international artiste from Ghana who sends a message across to his people (fans), a meaningful one of course and they can easily relate to it.
Talking about doing music, how did you get into music, i asked quickly? Well music has being part of me ever since i was born, even though it took me some time to realize and develop it. If i remember i used to listen to a lot of Hip Hop music from the wild "cats" then and now, so that in a way also influenced my music a lot, so i grew up to love it. How did you join "UCON"... my soft easy going question was answered with a punch line that my recorder could not play back, "UCON" is a family way back in SSS and is still the line. I joined "UCON" because I believed in the guys then and they where doing my kind of music in school so i felt the vibe and killed it. "UCON" did a lot of tracks way back in school and in all i did my lines to perfection, you can trust that, it was the answer to my question "How many Songs did you do with "UCON".
Tell me how did you start street battles and how many did you win, street battles, at first i did not really like the idea but as i grew stronger and better in my lines on beats friends and well wishers encouraged me. I have done quiet some number of them and have won majority of them, I freestyle alot in my quiet times and so any time am called to freestyle with some one am never scared and is always as if the person is never there, SORRY I DID NOT MEAN TO RHYTHM.
Lets talk about your current project, the "STILL I RULE COMPETITION", I heard some lines of it and i was touch, God what a talent, bebelino what inspired the lyrics for the still i rule competition? Hahaha! I will say God did and am grateful because i have never repeated my lines in any track like some artiste do, for the track I remember JaySo did the beat, chorus, hooks and asked people like my self to lay lines on the beat which i just did, so if you digging it, thank you. Do you think Hip HOP has got a Future In Ghanaian Music, Yeah why not, before people like Jay So and the Skillions records where hardly recognized in the industry but now with the invasion of Skillion records (big shouts JAY SO) hip Hop in GH is growing. Look at the just ended GMA's there was a category for it there, even though it was attached to hip life very soon am sure they will be separating it, believe me Hip Hop in Ghana has come to stay.
Well I also believe Hip Hop should by now have its roots in GH, looking at the number of tracks played from a hip hop beat these days is amazing, but who knows any thing is possible these days. Bebelino before i leave you, i will not ask you to say thank you to some people for holding you down, but rather what is the future for BEBELINO "MY FUTURE IS SO BRIGHT, FANS SHOULD JUST KEEP FINGERS CROSSED AND HELP ME WIN THE "STILL I RULE COMPETITION" BY JUST VOTING FOR ME, BECAUSE I BELIEVE IT STARTS FROM THERE" LATER I WILL ADD WHAT GOD TELLS ME TO ADD UP. Picsmagazine, let me say thank you to all those who have dropped a verse on my tracks, those who gave the chance to drop verses on their tracks plus those i destroyed during a battle you make me feel like am a humble leaner, hey JaySo, U there, Scientific, EL UCON family and every body especially boys inside CUC.
We had a lot of fan talking to the Hip Hop up and about Artiste Bebelino in his well tight "sick, single" apartment inside Adabraka, and what can i say, nothing than all the best in your life. remember Picsmagazine when bringing home the "BETAWARD".
Story by:Nana Yaw Wiredu.
18.comnewspaper/picsmagazine

No comments:

Post a Comment